Bourbon Salted Carmel Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups (339g) unsalted butter, cold
- 8 ounces (226g) full fat cream cheese, cold
- 7 cups (911g) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 tablespoons (15-30ml) Bourbon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (9ml) heavy whipping cream or milk
- 3 heaping tablespoons (65g) salted caramel sauce
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Cut the butter into pieces, about 1 tablespoon size. Using the paddle attachment, whip butter for 3-5 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Then add the cream cheese and cream together with the butter for 2-3 minutes until they are whipped and free of lumps, scape down the bowl occasionally.
- Slowly add confectionary sugar, 2-3 cups at a time, alternating with the liquid (vanilla extract, heavy cream, bourbon, salted caramel) and beat until desired consistency is reached. Add salt if desired.
Recipe by Beyond Frosting