Maple Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 c butter, melted & cool for at least 5 minutes*
3/4 c light brown sugar, packed
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 egg (room temperature preferred)
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/8 c maple syrup
1 5/8 c all purpose flour
1 t cornstarch
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c Ghiradelli chocolate chips (gold bag/semi-sweet)
1. In large bowl, stir together melted butter sugars
2. Add egg, stirring til combined.
3. Stir in vanilla extract maple syrup.
4. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until completely combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Cover bowl with clear wrap & allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.
8. While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350F.
9. Scoop dough with medium cookie dough scoop roll into balls. Place them at least 2” apart on cookie sheet.
10. Bake about 15 minutes (cookies will appear to be a bit underdone, but edges should be just beginning to turn golden brown).
11. Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet.
12. Keep unbaked cookie dough in fridge while waiting to put the next batch in the oven, do not place cookie dough on a hot cookie sheet.
*You do not want your butter to be too hot, or it may melt the sugar, you will have a very runny dough. Best practice would be to cut the butter into about Tbsp-sized pieces, microwave in 10-second increments (stirring after each) until it is just completely melted, then allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
Number of Servings: 14